Cardiac Rehabilitation – We are dedicated to helping you improve your cardiovascular health. If you have a heart issue, we have a program that focuses on reducing risk factors, implementing an exercise plan, and educating patients.
Participation in a cardiac rehab program requires a physician referral. The program may:
- Increase your chances of surviving a heart attack or other heart problems
- Help you return to work sooner
- Help you get back to a normal lifestyle
- Improve overall health and well-being
- Increase your ability to be active and exercise by improving strength, stamina, and endurance
For further information, contact us at 972-888-7232
Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
Our Cardiac Rehab program offers a two-phase process designed primarily for patients with a diagnosis of, or who have undergone the following procedures:
- Open-heart surgery
- Myocardial infarction
- Angioplasty, stent
- Stable congestive heart failure
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)
- Valve replacement
- Pacemaker implantation
- Cardioverter defibrillator
- Heart transplant
- Stable angina
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)
Cardiac rehab is normally ordered in phases. We do not provide Phase I rehabilitation.
Phase II Rehabilitation begins after a physician referral and will include cardiac monitoring with exercise, lifestyle modification, and education. You will participate in medically-supervised exercise sessions, which include blood pressure measurement and continuous EKG monitoring.
Phase III Rehabilitation is designed as a maintenance program for Phase II graduates. The program allows patients to continue their exercise program under the supervision of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Team.
If you would like more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 972-888-7232.