Physical Medicine & Rehab
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
The Appointment Scheduling Desk can be reached at 972-888-7232.
We are committed to providing quality care with compassion to those with functional limitations with the goal of improving their overall health and function through Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy.
Dallas Medical Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. The center’s staff of Physical therapists, Occupational therapists and Speech therapists provides comprehensive and individualized treatment plans for various conditions. DMC’s Rehabilitation Department boasts more than 50 years of combined experience with a vast background in conventional therapy, manual therapy, spine care and joint replacement rehab. Our specialized approaches include Mckenzie concepts, Kinesio taping and custom splinting.
For further information, contact us at 972-888-7232
- Joint replacement rehabilitation
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Sports injuries
- Physical Therapy
- Back and Neck injuries
- Pre and post surgical Neck and Back rehab
- Bells Palsy
- Specialized hand therapy program
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Tendon and ligament injuries of hand
- Lymphedema program
- Custom Splinting
- Dupuytren’s disease
Speech and Language Pathology Therapy:
The Speech-language pathology Department offers out patient evaluation & treatment services to individuals with communication impairments, cognitive-communication, swallowing or voice problems caused by stroke, traumatic brain injury; or other forms of neurological conditions or trauma.
- Certified in Vital Stim therapy
- Modified Barium swallow Studies
If you have a heart issue, we have a program that focuses on exercise using various cardiovascular machines while a nurse monitors your vital signs. The program focuses on reducing risk factors, implementing an exercise plan, and educating patients. For more information, click here.
Outpatient Physical Therapy
The Rehabilitation Department provides outpatient rehabilitation in Dallas for patients with a wide range of functional impairments. Our staff offers a depth of clinical experience in treating patients of all ages, teens to older adults, with orthopedic problems, post-operative care, work-related injuries, as well as providing ergonomic assessments and conditioning programs. We help problem-solve your work and/or home setting to figure out how your physical needs can be accommodated. We work closely with four outpatient specialty clinics located conveniently across the street as well as doctors in and out of network for your insurance.
Services provided are, but not limited to, the following:
- Neck, middle and low back pain/injury
- Upper and lower extremity pain/injury
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel and arthritis
- Pre- and post-surgical evaluation and treatment for ACL repair, total joint replacement , back and neck surgery
Additional services include:
- Individualized evaluation and treatment plans
- Private treatment rooms
- Balance testing and training
- Hand therapy/splinting
- Upper body cycle
- Education and instruction of home programs
What to expect at your first visit
At your first visit, your Dallas physical therapist will evaluate and establish goals to determine what you need to return to a healthy, active lifestyle. A detailed history will be obtained and a thorough examination will be performed. Together, you and the therapist will determine a schedule for follow up visits. An initial home exercise program will be given along with any community resources that may be of benefit to you.
- Please arrive at your scheduled time which includes time for your necessary paperwork.
- If you need to reschedule your appointment, we would appreciate at least 24-hour advance notification by calling 972-888-7232.
- Wear or bring loose fitting attire if we will be evaluating your back, legs or shoulder.
- Be sure to bring your insurance cards and picture ID to your first visit.
- Please allow 45-60 minutes for your first visit, and 30-45 minutes for your other visits.
We accept most major insurances including workers’ compensation. For specific insurance questions, contact your insurance company directly regarding benefit coverage for therapy-related services. A referral is required from your primary care doctor for treatment.
Our Multidisciplinary Approach
The first visit will be an initial assessment performed by a licensed therapist. Regular communication occurs with your referring doctor to ensure you are progressing as planned.